Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Dessert: Fruit Ribbon Cake




Happy Easter everyone! I hope all who celebrate had a wonderful day! I went to see my in-laws for a while. Jimmy stayed for dinner. I ate with my parents.

I found this dessert in Better Homes and Gardens Simply Better booklet Easy Cakes. I think it was free with another book I received. I thought this was a really good cake for Easter. Colorful!

This was really delicious. I didn't have the raspberry preserves, but I had strawberry. I used that instead. Good substitution. I finally know what lemon curd is! Really good!

Fruit Ribbon Cake

Ingredients:

1 pkg 2 layer size white cake mix, and ingredients to make
1 1/3 cups seedless red raspberry preserves
2/3 cup lemon curd
1 8 oz container frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and lightly flour two 8x1 1/2 inch or 9 x 1 1/2 inch round cake pans; set aside.

2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Divide batter between prepared pans. Bake according to package directions. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Removed from pans. Cool on wire racks. Using long blade serrated knife, cut each layer in half horizontally.

3. To assemble, place one split cake layer on serving plate; spread with half of the preserves. Top with second layer; spread with lemon curd. Top with third layer; spread with remaining preserves. Top with fourth layer. Spread whipped topping over top and side of cake. If desired, cover and chill for up to 4 hours.

Store in fridge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks really tasty with the preserve fillings. Yummy! I wish I had a piece! I'll be following your blog!