Sunday, April 3, 2011

Raspberry Coffee Cake


This was made in March.

I saw this recipe on Nancy's A Recipe a Day. Nancy always has some yummy stuff. This was really, really good! I didn't have raspberry, so I used strawberry jam. I love strawberries, and will chose them over raspberry. I had seen this recipe and had printed it; one morning, I woke up and had to have it! I was so glad I made them!

Raspberry Coffee Cake

1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves ( I used strawberry)
powdered sugar for dusting (optional)

Beat cream cheese, butter, and sugar together until creamy. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla and beating until mixture is smooth.

In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add this to the cream cheese mixture at low speed until the mixture is well blended.

Spread into a greased 9×13 pan. Spoon preserves over the top and swirl carefully with a knife. I used more than 1/2 cup preserves ~ more like 3/4 cup.

Bake at 350ยบ for 30 minutes or until the cake begins to leave the sides of the pan.

Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Cut into squares.

Makes 12 ~ 15 servings.

Before putting in oven.


Right after coming out of oven.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Thanks for the link! Your coffeecake looks delicious and I love your blog :)