Saturday, April 16, 2011

Taste of Home Favorite Sugar Cookies



I was asked by a fellow scout mom to bake 100 cut out cookies for the Coral Springs, FL Relay for Life which was yesterday. I told Kim yes as long as I do not have to ice them. She said she would have the ones that purchased the cookies ice them. The cookie cutter was a little small so hard to deal with. It's in the shape of the cause ribbon you see on cars. I had a few rejects and re-dos, but all in all, I ended up with about 84 cookies.

I used this recipe at Christmas time and they came out wonderful. The second batch I only chilled for about 45 minutes and were easy to handle.
Favorite Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt

Directions:
In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill for 1-2 hours.

On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut with 2 1/2 inch cookie cutters. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.

1 comment:

Libby@CookingWithLibby said...

This is similiar to the sugar cookie recipe I use at Christmas ;) Sooo good :) I love the ribbon shape too :)