Saturday, April 2, 2011

Savory Pepper Steak


I received a booklet with slow cooker recipes from Southern Plate. I found some that I wanted to make. I decided to make the Savory Pepper Steak recipe for Wednesday night. It was pretty easy to put together. It tasted really good. The sauce was tasty and I liked how the peppers got really soft.

I actually made this on March 5th. I just haven't had much chance to post lately.

Ingredients:

1 lbs 1/2" thick round steak, cut into strips
1/4 cup flour
salt and pepper
1 medium onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 large green peppers, cut into strips
1-16 oz can stewed tomatoes
1 T soy sauce
2 t Worchestershire sauce

Directions:

Combine flour, salt, pepper. Toss with steak to coat. Place in crockpot with onion, garlic, and "most of" of the green peppers. Stir, combine the rest of ingredients and pour over meat mixture.

Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.

An hour before serving, turn to high and add remaining green pepper. (I omitted this step)

Serve over rice.

No comments: