Thursday, September 23, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie



My 16-year old cousin, Brittany, made this a few months ago when we went to visit her and her family. She got the recipe from one of those recipe cards you get in the mail asking you to join. It might have been Grandma's Kitchen. It was very good. My son liked it too. I had her text me the recipe the other evening so tonight we made it. It came out so delicious.

Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients:

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 T butter, divided
1/2 tsp salt, or more to taste
1/2 tsp of dried thyme leaves
1 (16 oz) thawed package of frozen veggies (I didn't thaw, just simmered more)
1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1/3 cup of dried white wine (I used chicken broth)
1 refrigerated pie crust

Directions:

1. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt 1 T butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with thyme and salt. Cook and stir until no longer pink.

2. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in vegetables, soup and wine; simmer about 5 minutes or until veggies are a little tender.

3. While soup mixture is simmering, unwrap 1 pie crust. Using a small cookie cutter, or a knife, make several decorative cut outs form pie crust to allow steam to escape. (or not so decorative).

4. Remove chicken mixture from heat and pour into a 9 inch pie plate. Top with pie crust. Melt remaining 1 T of butter. Brush the butter over the pie crust.

5. Bake pie 12 minutes. Turn oven to broil; broil pie 4-5 inches from heat for 2 minutes or until crust is golden brown and chicken mixture is bubbly. (Keep an eye on it.)

6. Serve immediately.

This looks good in the pot...over mashed potatoes!


Before being buttered.


I think it came out nice!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That came out great! I want some. I really have to make that.

sheila said...

This recipe reminds me of my pot pie recipe i got from a coworker. I will have to try this one. you have a great blog!!

Wallpaper Installation Palmdale said...

Thanks great post.