Saturday, September 11, 2010

MSC Club: Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes


This is my first entry for the Martha Stewart Cupcake Club. What a great month to enter! The recipe was on page 104 of the Martha Stewart Cupcake book. These were so delicious! I made these Thursday. We actually did not have anywhere to go, which was nice. It's been crazy since school started....marching band, scouts. My son is now Freshman class Vice President! We have two new people at work.

These were easy to make and very yummy! I just had to wait til the next day to try them. Since I did not have enough muffin tins, I halved the recipe.

Ingredients:

42 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, such as Oreos. 30 left whole and 12 coarsely chopped
2 lbs cream cheese, room temp
1 cup sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
4 large eggs, room temp, lightly beaten
1 cup sour cream
Pinch of salt

Directions:

Preheat over to 275 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.

With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.

Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.

Divide batter evenly among cookie-filled cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer tins to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate (in tins) at least 4 hours (or overnight). Remove from tins just before serving.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

O...M...G! I wish I had made them. Maybe I will. Tell Jimmy congratulations! That's great!

Tami said...

Great cupcake idea. I bet my kids would love them!

Libby@CookingWithLibby said...

Yummmm! You definitely cannot go wrong with cream cheese and oreos! Gonna have to try these one day. Congratulations to your son :)

Nina said...

Thanks for baking with me! I love it! Congrats to your son for the position!