Monday, September 13, 2010

Pizza Loaf


I found this recipe in the new Taste of Home cookbook I received - Grand Prize Winners. I was dying to try it and I'm glad I did. It was so delicious! My son loved it.

I used different "toppings" in mine. I added pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, black olives, pepper rings, ham, and sausage.

Ingredients:

1 loaf (1 lb) frozen bread dough, thawed
2 eggs, separated
1 T grated Parmesan cheese
1 T olive oil
1 tsp minced fresh parsley
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
8 oz. sliced pepperoni
2 cups (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
1 can (4 oz) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
1/4 to 1/2 cup pickled pepper rings
1 medium green pepper, diced
1 can (2 1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives
1 can (15 oz) pizza sauce

Directions:

1. On a greased baking sheet, roll out dough into a 15 inch x 10 inch rectangle. In a small bowl, combine the egg yolks, Parmesan cheese, oil, parsley, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Brush over the dough.

2. Sprinkle the remaining ingredients - except the pizza sauce. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the long side, pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under.

3. Place seam side down; brush with egg whites. Do not let rise. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown. Warm the pizza sauce; serve with sliced loaf.

Yield: 10-12 slices

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You post the best recipes! I'm going to print these. :)