This recipe is from Betty Crocker's April/May 2010 book, Cupcakes, cakes & more. I had all the ingredients. It is soooo good. I actually made a week ago but never got around to posting.
I had to use a Betty Crocker picture off the computer. My finished cupcake came out blurry.
2 packages (3 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, or regular size
1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist devil's food cake mix
1 1/3 cups water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 container Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy or whipped vanilla frosting
1. Heat oven to 35o degrees. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular size muffin cups.
2. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and 1 egg with electric mixture on medium speed until smooth. Stir in one cup of the chips Set aside.
3. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and 3 eggs on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Divide batter among muffin cups (1/4 cup in each). Top each with 1 heaping tablespoon cream cheese mixture.
4. Bake 17-22 minutes or until tops spring back when touched lightly. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pans, cool completely, about 30 minutes.
5. Frost with frosting. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Store loosely covered in fridge.