Thursday, September 9, 2010

Tangy Garlic Wings


This recipe is out of the newest Paula Deen magazine, September/October 2010. It looked really good and thought it would be perfect for Labor Day since I am having issues with my grill.

It had a good taste, but Jimmy and I decided it could've been spicier and crispier.

Ingredients:

1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 T red wine vinegar
2 T Dijon mustard
2 T chili powder
1 tsp garlic salt
2 dashes hot sauce
4 1/2 lbs chicken wings

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine ketchup, butter, vinegar, mustard, chili powder, garlic salt and hot sauce. Add wings, tossing to coat; chill for 4 hours.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove chicken, reserving marinade, and place on prepared baking sheets in a single layer. Brush with wings with marinade.

Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is done. Discard any remaining marinade.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look good! I bet Jake would like those. I never make wings.

Anonymous said...

I made this recipe last night with one modification. I used boneless skinless chicken breasts - got rave reviews from my kids who have gotten tired of having my usual baked, grilled, or casserole type chicken. Definitely makes my "keeper" list.