Monday, September 13, 2010

Crunchy Chicken-Cheese Bake


I have no idea where I got this recipe from. I haven't made it in years. My husband used to love it, so it's been 8 years or so since I made it! It's really easy and delicious. My son kept saying how good it is. We decided next time to double the toppings. There just wasn't enough soup and cheese for the rice...and dipping bread...

Ingredients:

8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (used a package of 3)
4 sliced Swiss or American cheese, each cut in half (I used Swiss)
1 can (10-3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup
8 thin tomato slices (omitted)
2 T butter, melted
1/2 cup Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing
Hot cooked rice

Directions:

In 3 quart oblong baking dish, place chicken. Top with cheese. Stir soup and spread over cheese, top with tomato. Combine butter and stuffing; sprinkle over tomato.

Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes, or until chicken is done.

Serve over rice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds awesome! I love finding new chicken recipes.

The Daily Smash said...

Love ur blog check out my new food blog http://thedailysmash101.blogspot.com