Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Girl, Paula: Pineapple Upside-Down Biscuits


Last week's My Girl Paula was bread. I almost forgot to do it! Tonight, I actually did not have any where to go (Miracle!) so I made a meatloaf for dinner and baked! This recipe is from the Lady & Sons II cookbook. The recipe was super easy to make and DELICIOUS! You really must try it!

Ingredients:

One 10-inch can crushed pineapple, drained, juice reserved
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
10 maraschino cherries
One 12-oz package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 count)

Directions:

Preheat over to 400 degrees. Grease 10 cups of a muffin tin.

Combine the pineapple, sugar, and butter, and mix well. Divide the pineapple mixture evenly among the muffin cups. Place a cherry in the center of each muffin cup. Place one biscuit in each cup on top of sugar and pineapple mixture. Spoon 1 tsp pineapple juice over each biscuit.

Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden. Cool for 2 minutes. Invert the pan onto a plate to release the biscuits. Serve warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those look beautiful! Wish I hadn't screwed up my week. Oh well! At least I have the potatoes done.