Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mexican Pizza



I was talking about pizza with my daughter, Kelly, one day and she suggested I try making Mexican Pizza. She had made it and it came out awesome.

When I was at Wal-mart yesterday, I decided to pick up the ingredients. It was so easy and so, so delicious!

This is my version:

Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust, thin
1 lb ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
2/3 cup water (or whatever amount the taco seasoning directions say)
1 can refried beans
cheddar cheese, shredded
black olives, sliced
lettuce
salsa

Spread crust out on rectangle pan. Bake at 400 for 5 minutes (as directed on package).

Brown ground beef, drain. Add taco seasoning and water. Heat up.

Spread beans on crust. I added a small amount of salsa on the beans, not a whole lot. Top with beef mixture. Add sliced olives and cheese.

Bake about 10 minutes or so until cheese starts to brown.

Top with lettuce, onions, salsa, sour cream.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

kelly said...

i told you it was yummy.... i also made a sloppy joe one before.. i just forget how i did it