Monday, February 22, 2010

Banana-Chocolate Chip Bread



I saw this recipe awhile ago on Cooking for Comfort's site. I've been wanting to make it for a while now. I had some bananas that were really ripe, so while at the store, I got the final ingredient I needed - the cherries.

The loaves are still cooling, but the bite I had was delicious! Thanks, Jen!

Ingredients:

3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 & 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3 bananas, mashed
10 ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained, 1/4 cup juice reserved
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Directions:

Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just until blended after each addition.
Combine flour and baking soda, gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in mashed bananas, cherries, reserved juice and chocolate chips. Pour into 2 greased 9×5 loaf pans or 5 mini loaf pans.

Bake at 350 degrees for one hour for large loaf pans or 35 minutes for small loaves. Place pans on cooling rack for 10 minutes, then remove bread from pans and cool completely on racks.




2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your bread turned out really good!!!

I'm so glad you liked it!:)

Kevin said...

Greaat blog you have here