Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tender 'n' Tangy Ribs


This is another recipe from the Taste of Home's Quick Cooking Collector's Edition from 1999. I am getting close to making everything I want out of this issue! I think since it was their first issue, it was the best. I have made tons of recipes from this issue.

My mail carrier for some reason put in a notice that I moved with no forwarding address so I didn't get my last Taste of Home Magazines. This is the 3rd time in 6 months....not happy. First time was because I did not pick up my mail enough; 2nd time, I'm not sure why; the third time was the carrier said he/she knocked on my door and a neighbor said a moving van had been there and no one is home. I think the carrier got the address wrong!

Anyway...enough venting....This crockpot recipe was easy and very tasty. my son had 2 helpings of it! He didn't like the au gratin potatoes I made, so he pretty much just ate the ribs! It was nice coming home to a yummy smelling house and not having to do much else for the meal. The meat is so tender, it was falling off the bone as you can see by the picture.

Ingredients:

3/4 to 1 cup vinegar
1/2 cup ketchup
2 T sugar
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp paprika
1/2 to 1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 lbs pork spare ribs
1 T vegetable oil

Directions:

Combine the first nine ingredients in a slow cooker. Cut ribs into serving size pieces. Brown in a skillet in oil.
Transfer to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until tender.

Yield: 2-3 servings



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meat falling off bones? My kind of ribs!