Monday, May 18, 2009

All-American Loaded Burgers

This recipe was in the Taste of Home Simple & Delicious June 2009 Edition. I thought it looked really good. Unfortunately, grilling out wasn't an option since it decided to start raining after I got home! Oh well, I dug out my indoor electric grill. It worked! The burgers were yummy! My son said they were "the best" he's had! That's a compliment. I left out the onions since my son doesn't like onions. I liked the Durkee onions on top. This is definitely a good recipe for summer time hamburgers. I halved the recipe since it was just the two of us for dinner.

Ingredients:

1 cup dry bread crumbs (I used Italian style since that is what I had)
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
2 eggs, beaten
2 lbs. ground beef
6 kaiser rolls, split
leaf lettuce, colby cheese slices, tomato slices, ketchup, prepared mustard and french-fred onions.

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onion, salad dressing and eggs. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.

Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from heat, for 5-7 minutes, on each side, or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees and juices run clear. Serve on rolls with lettuce cheese, tomato, ketsup, mustard and fired onion rings.

Yield: 6 servings.

No comments: