Thursday, October 21, 2010

Salisbury Steak


This is another recipe from Paula Deen's Best Dishes 2010 magazine. I actually made this last week. I think it turned out good, not my favorite, but I would make it again. More gravy next time. My son ate it up and wants me to make again.

I left out the mushrooms since we both can't stand them. I didn't make the gravy because I wasn't sure if Jimmy would like the gravy with the onions. So, I cheated and just used Heinz Beef Gravy. I thought it was good that way.

Salisbury Steak

Ingredients:

2 lbs ground beef
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 T Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 (8 oz) package sliced baby bella mushrooms
2 T all-purpose flour
1 (10-oz) can condensed French onion soup
1 (10 1/2 oz) can beef consomme

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, pepper and salt. From mixture into 6 (4 inch) patties. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.

Add patties to skillet, in batches if necessary, and cook 7-8 minutes per side or until browned. Remove patties from pan; set aside. Reserve 2 T drippings in skillet.

Add mushrooms to skillet, and saute for 1-2 minutes or until just tender. Add flour and onion soup, and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. stir in consomee.

Return patties to skillet; bring to a boil. reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until patties are cooked through and sauce is thickened. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh. I love salisbury steak. Going to try this.