Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cajun Seared Steak


I found this recipe on a site that I can no longer remember. It helps you plan meals and make a grocery list. I didn't venture any further with it since there is a fee involved. Anyway, I found this recipe and thought it sounded great. I was hungry for steak, too. This was delicious. However....I had a severe smoking issue. The recipe says to heat skillet to high. I did that but when I put the steaks in, you would have thought my house was on fire. I had my son running around opening windows. But, besides that..it was delicious!

Cajun Seared Steak

Ingredients:

2 (8oz) New York strip steaks or filet mignons
1 cup unsalted butter
1 T black pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Directions:

Butterfly the steaks. Mix dry ingredients in small bowl. Melt the butter and pour in shallow bowl.

Heat skillet on high for 10 minutes. Dip steaks in melted butter; sprinkle with the seasonings on both sides and sear 2-3 minutes on each side.

Place on warmed plates. Add rest of melted butter to skillet. Stir for 2 minutes and pour over steaks.

No comments: