Monday, June 22, 2009

Taco Ring

I have seen this recipe posted twice. The most recent was on I Love Sweet Treats blog. Check her blog out...it has some great recipes.

I didn't get a chance to make the My Girl, Paula Baked Spaghetti like I wanted to yesterday for Father's Day. I was at a picnic with the dart league that my boyfriend belongs to. I ended up picking up some chicken from Publix and making rice and caesar salad.

Monday I took an unexpected day off. My sister and I took my mom to her first doctor's appointment since my mom's stroke. I had the doctor go over meds with me. After we got back home, my sister and I went through all the medications Mom had. We tossed stuff no longer being used and organized the rest. We put together a week's worth of medicine. By the time we were finished, it was after noon. Hardly worth going in to work! It was good tho. Jimmy and I hung out. He got home Saturday from Boy Scout camp.

This was really good! Part of it didn't look good since I had the large crescent rolls and one can didn't separate correctly. But, it was awesome.

Ingredients:

2 cans crescent rolls
1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 cup shredded cheese

Toppings:
shredded lettuce
diced tomato
chopped onion
sour cream
salsa
black olives
avocado

Directions:

Cook and drain beef. Add seasoning and cook according to seasoning packages directions.

Arrange unrolled crescent roll triangles in a circle shape overlapping them with the points facing out. It will look like a big sun. Place meat around the ring and sprinkle with cheese.

Fold triangle points over filling and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. Place toppings in the open part in the center and serve.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Hey, I saw her "taco ring" too and made it Monday night. Only, based on my normally "ADHD" self, I only bought one can of crescent rolls. So, delima - do I "half" the recipe or go with the recipe as is with "half" the rolls. I chose door #2 and it worked out great. My "big boys" are at camp and my hubby said it was great!!!

Sandy's Kitchen said...

I love the taco ring as well as my husband. I have made it a few times since I found the recipe on Heidi's blog. Sooo glad everyone liked it.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm. Yummy. I bet my family would like this.