Friday, February 6, 2009

Oven-Fried Parmesan Chicken

I found this recipe in a Family Style Magazine that our grocery store Publix sends out. It may have been the summer 2006 issue, or 2007. It was the only recipe in the little magazine that I wanted to try. Since I had all the ingredients I thought I would try it since my boyfriend was coming over dinner and I hadn't seen him all week and wanted to make a nice meal.
It was delicious. I halved the recipe since it makes 12 servings and there was only three of us. I still had plenty of leftovers. I would definitely make this one again. I used boneless thighs and breasts for mine.

Ingredients:

Nonstick cooking spray
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup fat-free milk (I used 1%)
3/4 cup fine dry Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
5 lbs meaty chicken pieces, skinned
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
Snipped fresh oregano (optional) - I skipped

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat two large shallow baking pans with cooking spray; set aside. In a small bowl, combine eggs and milk. In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, paprika and pepper.

2. Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture, then dip into crumb mixture to coat. Arrange chicken pieces in prepared baking pans, making sure pieces don't touch. Drizzle chicken pieces with melted butter.

3. Bake, uncovered, on two separate oven racks for 45-55 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Do not turn chicken during baking. If desired, garnish with fresh oregano.
before baking
After baking - sorry so blurry!

No comments: