Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread


Again, I made a wonderful recipe from Jennifer at Cooking for Comfort. Everything I've tried has been great so far! This is another yummy one! Thanks, Jennifer! I had a piece straight from the oven....awesomely delicious!
I made 1 large and 2 small loaves. They are a must to make again!
Ingredients:
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:
Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.

Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at a low speed until just blended. Stir in mashed banana, pecans and vanilla. Spoon batter into 2 greased 8×4 inch loaf pans or 5 mini loaf pans.
Bake at 350 for one hour(8×4 pans) OR 45 minutes for mini loaves, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
Cool bread in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on racks.

2 comments:

Cooking for Comfort by Jennifer said...

BEAUTIFUL JOB! I'm so glad you loved the banana bread! And thank you for the wonderful comments you leave on my blog. They mean the world to me.:)

Michele said...

**Drool** Adding this one to my list! Cream cheese makes everything so much better! I never thought to add it to banana bread. Oh what a treat this will be! :)