Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Sausage Stuffing

I finally found my favorite stuffing recipe. I don't prepare the whole Thanksgiving feast often, but I always fret over the turkey and stuffing. Yes, I know the turkey is easy, but it's the center of the meal. My family came over for Thanksgiving and everyone brought food to share. My boyfriend, Doug, prepared the turkey, which came out awesome. He also helped with the stuffing. (and, cleaning, dishes...such a wonderful guy!)

I mixed two packages of Pepperidge Farm Herb seasoned bread crumbs with 1 pound browned Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage, 2 sticks melted butter, sauted onion and celery, and close to 48 oz of Swanson's chicken broth. Some of the stuffing was stuffed in the bird and the rest baked until heated through.

Yummy! It's my favorite by far. My son must have thought so, too, since he could not stay out of it and finished up the leftovers!


My son digging into the stuffing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I make sausage stuffing, too. It is delicious! I love to hear you say "My boyfriend, Doug" It makes me so happy you're happy.