Monday, December 29, 2008

Chocolate-Covered Oreo Cookie Cake


My cousins are coming to visit tomorrow for a couple days. I wanted to make a dessert to go with the enchiladas I was making for dinner. This cake was sent in an e-mail from Kraft foods. It looked delicious. It was really easy to make. As you can see, the only problem I had was I didn't spread the batter evenly!

Ingredients

1 package (2 layer size) devil's food chocolate cake mix
4 squares semi-sweet chocolate
1/4 cups (1/2 stick) butter
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups thawed Cool Whip
12 Oreo cookies, coarsely crushed

Directions

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake batter and bake in 2 (9 inch) round cake layers as directed on package. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Invert cakes onto wire racks; gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.

Microwave chocolate and butter in small microwaveable bowl on high 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gently stir in Cool Whip and crushed cookies. Stack cake layers on plate, spreading cream sheese mixture between layers. Spread top with chocoate glaze. Let stand until firm. Keep refrigerated.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must have missed this recipe somehow....it looks fantastic! Lots of filling...yummy!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks good!

Tami said...

Holy Moly! My kids would love this!

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I nominated you to receive a BUTTERFLY AWARD because I love love love your blog. Please visit my blog and take a look.

Michele

MaierHousehold said...

This would be a huge success in my house!