Saturday, December 13, 2008

Paula Deen's Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes


Jimmy had a potluck dinner and court of honor to go to tonight for Boy Scouts. I ended up not going since I have been sick for the past week. I couldn't seem to quit coughing this afternoon and seem real congested. I think I will need to break down and call the doctor on Monday. I've been very upset about being sick, since it's the Christmas season. I don't have my insided finished being decorated, the outside lights up, presents down been bought.

Anyway...back to scouts. I made a big pot of chicken and noodles. Then, I made a bunch of mint chocolate cookies. Those are good. Can't give you a recipe since it's pre-made batter from a cookie dough fundraiser a friend at work's son had for school. Then, I decided to make the Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes from Paula Deen. They were super simple and delicious.

Ingredients:

1 18 1/2 oz package Brownie mix
1 12 oz package peanut butter chips or 24 miniature peanut butter cups

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 regualr muffin cu ps with paper cupcake liners.

Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions for cakelike brownies. Fill the cups half full with brownie batter. Place about 1 tablesppon peanut butter chips in the center of the batter, or press 1 peanut butter cup into the batter in each muffin cup until the batter meets the top edge of the peanut butter cup.

Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the cupcakes are set. When they can be handled safely, remove them from the muffin tins and let cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.

Yield: 2 dozen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look delicious! I love Paula! I'm sorry you've been sick. I hope you feel better. I love your holiday blog design.

Dazy said...

This recipe is really going to keep me busy in the kitchen with all its glamor.
This is another must for the weekend! My kids would just hug me for this.