Monday, August 11, 2008

Devil's Food Pound Cake

My mom wants us all to come for dinner tomorrow night. Since I have been baking alot lately, she wants me to bring a dessert. I decided to bake the Duncan Hines Devil's Food cake mix I had in the cupboard. On the side was this recipe. I didn't have the regular chocolate pudding mix, so I used the chocolate mint pudding mix.
Jimmy and I can't wait to dig into it! I had a hard time keeping Jimmy out of the frosting. Of course, I used wwaaaayyyy more than 1/2 cup of frosting!

Cake:
1 package Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 package (4 servings size) cholate instant pudding and pie filling mix
4 large eggs
1 1/4 cups water
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Glaze:
1/2 c. Dunacan Hines Creamy Home Style Frosting (favorite flavor)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 10 inch bundt pan or tube pan.

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.

Beat on medium speed with electric mixer for 2 mintues. Pour into pan.

Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes. Invert onto heat resistant serving plate. Cool completely.

For Glaze, heat frosting in microwave on hight 10-15 seconds. Don not overheat. Drizzle over cake.

see the green chips from the pudding mix!

mini chocolate chips on top

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious. How did it taste, or do I have to ask? LOL