Sunday, August 17, 2008

Chicken and Noodles


This recipe was given to me by the mom of an old neighbor of mine when we lived in the trailer park. It's very simple with no set measure-ments. My son has been wanting me to make this for awhile. He came home from a sleepover so I decided to make this for our lunch.

I love the frozen noodles in the recipe. They seem to stay very firm. The chicken can be breasts, thighs, canned, rotisserie. The quantity of chicken, veggies and seasonings are up to you and your taste.

Chicken
1 pkg. Reames frozen noodles
2 cans chicken broth
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
onion, chopped
celery, chopped
salt
pepper
chicken bouillon

Boil chicken with onion and celery. Meanwhile, put broth, soup and seasonings into a pot and heat. When chicken is done, shred and place the chicken and veggies into pot. Add the noodles. Simmer until noodles are done.

That's it. Very simple. It's one of my family's favorite recipes. A friend of mine serves over mashed potatoes. It also freezes to have another day.

No comments: