Saturday, January 15, 2011

Key Lime Bread


Dayna with Better Than Burgers made this earlier this month. It looked so yummy! Living in South Florida, we are big on Key Lime Pie (Blond Giraffe anyone!). I got the ingredients at the grocery and since I was not doing much this evening, decided to make it.

I sprayed the bundt pan but the bottom stuck anyway, so I flipped it over so it looked nicer. It might not look pretty, but it tastes great!

Key Lime Bread

Ingredients:

2/3 cup butter- softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 Tbsp. grated lime peel
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup milk

Glaze
2/3 cup powdered sugar
3 Tbsp. lime juice

Directions:

In large bowl cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, mix well. Add lime peel, juice and vanilla-- mix until combined. Combine flour, baking powder and salt- add to creamed mixture, alternating with milk.

Transfer to 2 greased bread pans or bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Combine glaze ingredients, drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely and serve.

1 comment:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I think I'm going to try this and make it into muffins.

I love limes.