Saturday, January 15, 2011

Creamy Apple-Raisin Oatmeal


This recipe was sent to me in a Betty Crocker e-mail. I thought it looked delicious. I made it at work earlier this week. It was soooo simple. I liked it, but something was off for me. I'm not sure if it was the yogurt or the apple juice. I made oatmeal the next day and just did the oats, water and raisins, and brown sugar. Yummy!

Creamy Apple-Raisin Oatmeal

Ingredients:

1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
1 T raisins
2/3 cup apple juice
2 T Yoplait Original French vanilla yogurt
2 tsp packed brown sugar, if desired

Directions:

1. in 2 cup microwaveable cereal bowl, stir oats, raisins and apple juice until well blended.

2. Microwave on high 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until thickened. Top with yogurt; sprinkle with brown sugar.

Makes 1 serving (3/4 cup)

No comments: