Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Girl Paula: Apple Raisin Muffins


This week's My Girl Paula was Spring Time - make something with fresh fruit or vegetable. I spotted the Apple Raisin Muffins in the The Lady & Sons II cookbook and have been thinking about making them. I am so glad I did....they are awesomely delicious! Moist, flavorful. The recipe calls to make miniature muffins, but I made regular size muffins. It makes 2 dozen. I really recommend them. If you like raisins, you get one in every bite!

Ingredients:

2 cups water
2 cups sugar
2 cups grated apples (about 3 apples)
2 cups raisins
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (I used 1 1/2 tsp ground)
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 tsp baking soda
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the water, sugar, apples, raisins, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and cool completely.

In a large bowl, stir the nuts and baking soda into the flour. Add the cooled mixture to the bowl, and stir until blended. Fill greased miniature muffin tins (I used regular size with the cupcake liners) with batter to the top. Bake for 15 minutes.

Yields: about 5 dozen mini muffins or 2 dozen regular muffins

2 comments:

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

How yummy are these. I have to try them.

I have been offline more than on. Can't wait to get back into cooking Paula Style.

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm back to the blog world. Your muffins look good!