Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Girl, Paula: Slip 'N' Sliders



This week's theme for My Girl, Paula was lunch. I couldn't decide at first what to make until I spotted this recipe in the July/August Cooking With Paula Deen Magazine. It was good, but I think next time I will do my own seasonings. Jimmy ate 4 of them! It was his first week of high school and he was starving!!!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs ground round
1 T dill pickle juice
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
3/4 tsp onion powder
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
6 slices sharp Cheddar cheese, quartered
12 slices fully cooked bacon, cut in half
Ketchup
1 (15 oz) pkg miniature wheat sandwich buns or 12 (3 inch) dinner rolls
24 hamburger dill pickle slices

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine ground round, pickle juice, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper; mix gently to combine. Shape mixture into 12 (3 inch) patties.

Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat until hot. Add patties; cook for 2 minutes. Turn patties; cook for 1 minute. Top with cheese; cook for 1-2 minutes or until patties are done and cheese is melted. Top with 2 half-pieces of bacon.

Spread ketchup on cut sides of buns. Place pickles on bottom of buns; top with patties, and cover with bun tops.


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

These look delicious!!!! Love the new picture!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I've never made sliders. Going to have to try them! Poor Jimmy. High School sucked the life out of him!