Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Girl Paula: Chocolate-Cherry Chiffon Pie



This week's theme for the My Girl, Paula is Pies. I love pies! It's been so hot out, that when I saw this recipe, I knew I had to make it. It involves no baking! Since I'm making this on Wednesday, we all know it's for dinner at my parents' house tomorrow. I tasted the filling. Awesome. I am making the entire dinner tomorrow since my poor mom broker her foot on Saturday. I feel bad for her!

The picture is before being frozen. I will take a picture of it tomorrow!

Ingredients:

24 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (oreos)
2 T butter
1 cup boiling water
1 (6 oz) box cherry-flavored gelatin (Jell-o)
1/2 cup ice
1 (16-oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (12 oz) package frozen cherries, thawed

Directions:

In the work bowl of a food processor, combine cookies and butter. Pulse until crumbs form. Press into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine boiling water and gelatin, stirring until gelatin is dissolved. Add ice, and stir until melted. Fold in whipped topping until smooth. Fold in cherries. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum! That looks really good. Nice summer pie!