Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Girl Paula: Baked Ham and Cheese Chicken



I've seen this made by a couple different people and I had to try it. I love Chicken Cordon Bleus and this is just a different variation of this.

It was delicious. Seems like a lot of steps, but it was really easy. I also made Italian Herb and cheese frocaccia bread. It was from a mix. I've made it before and it's so yummy. I made caesar salad. I had no croutons, so I made some with left over french bread. Yum meal!

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp Paula Deen House Seasoning
2 eggs, beaten
hot sauce, to taste
1 cup bread crumbs
2 tsp Greek Seasoning, recipe follows
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
olive oil
4 slices ham
4 tsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
4 slices mozzerella cheese

Directions:

Dredge the chicken in flour seasoned with House Seasoning. Dip in egg mixed with hot sauce. Then, dredge in a mixture of bread crumbs, Greek Seasoning, and Parmesan.

Brown chicken on each side in a skillet with olive oil on medium high heat.

After frying, transfer chicken to a sheet pan. Top with one piece of ham, 1 tsp of parsely and 1 slice of mozzarella cheese. Place in oven for 8 minutes just unitl cheese melts and starts to get bubbly.


Greek Seasoning:
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder

Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
The bread mix
the finished bread
caesar salad with homemade croutons

2 comments:

kelly said...

mmm looks yummy. looks like i might have to make this one

Jennifer said...

Looks delicious! Hope you are doing well!