Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pecan Bread



I found this recipe on Mommy's Kitchen. Tina always has a ton of yummy stuff.

In Boy Scouts, the District Dinner was coming up for the adults. Our troop was in charge of cooking the dinner. Friday night, we got together at Christine and Dennis' home; they planned the meal. Lucky for me, they are also my neighbors and landlords! We prepared chicken parm, meatballs, sausage. The dinner was a lot of fun and of course the food was awesome. Anyway....each troop going to the dinner was to make a gift basket to raffle. We are called the Pumpkin Patch because our troop shirts are (duh!) orange. Our basket was based on pumpkin items...candle, etc. I had a couple cans of pumpkin left over from Thanksgiving, so I made pumpkin bread.

This recipe was delicious and easy. I wanted to make mini loaves for the basket. I ended up having enough for 4 mini loaves and 24 mini muffins. I don't recommend the mini muffins. Even tho I sprayed the tins, I could not get most of the muffins out without breaking. They were good, but messy!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 - 2 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Cinnamon
3 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
4 Eggs
2/3 Cup water
3 Cups Self Rising Flour, Sifted(do not substitute with all purpose flour the result is not the same)
1 Cup Regular Canned Pumpkin (Not Pumpkin Pie Mix)
3/4 Cup mini or regular semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 Cup Pecan Pieces
Directions:
Blend first 6 ingredients together. Add the rest of the ingredients adding the chocolate chips and pecans last.
Pour into Two Small Loaf Pans. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Bread is done when a knife inserted comes out clean and golden on top. Cool in pan for about 10-15 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely.
The sad, broken muffins

1 comment:

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I love pumpkin and chocolate. Heck, I like anything with chocolate.

This looks good and I think my husband would eat it. He does not like chocolate but this is not too much chocolate.