Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Girl, Paula: MIni Mummies



Happy Halloween everyone! My son had a party last night. It was me and a bunch of teenagers! They were all good kids. Last one left about 11:30 (not counting the one that spent the night).

Along with setting out a bunch of other food, I made Paula Deens' Mini Mummies that was one of this month's My Girl, Paula's recipes. I used the lil smokies sausages instead of hot dogs. These were so yummy made with the little sausages and the pie crust. I will definitely make them again! There weren't many left. I used almost the whole package of sausages, too.

Sorry about the pictures. They are from my cell phone. I took a couple on the digital, but camera is in my son's room. The boys are still sleeping!

1 package hot dogs, each cut in two
1 package prepared pie dough

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unwrap the pie dough and cut into 1/8" strips. Wrap strips around the hot dog halves in a mummy like pattern. Pinch the ends together on the bottom side of the hot dog. Place on the lined baking sheet and bake until golden brown. Approximately 10 minutes. Serve with mustard and ketshup.
Before baking: