Saturday, October 24, 2009

Perfect Brownie - Traditional Homemade Brownies

I saw the advertisement for Perfect Brownie Pans while watching an Ohio State game a couple weekends ago. I thought I'd try it. It's always so hard to cut brownies nicely, especially if you try to cut too early.

This is my first recipe for using it. It comes with a recipe book. It was very easy. I chopped nuts to put in it and then forgot! Grr...
These came out good but I undercooked some. The middle brownies were too gooey. Next time I will bake longer.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
5 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
6 oz unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup butter
1 1/4 cup flour
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray Perfect Brownie pan and divider thoroughly with non stick cooking spray.

Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Melt chocolate and butter in microwave, stir until smooth. Add to butter/sugar mixture. Stir in flour. Add nuts if desired.

Spread mixture into pan and place divider into batter.
Bake for 30-35 minutes.



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

VERY cool! I've always wondered about these brownie pans!

Chris said...

I saw there were a few undercooked. Have you tried using it again? Did it turn out better? Did it actually come out not falling apart like the infomercial? I've been debating on weather to buy the perfect brownie pan. I've been looking at reviews all over the place...some people are saying they work...and others dont.