Tonight, my son grilled out burgers. They were delicious! We tried a Weight Watchers spicy french fries recipe. But, we didn't really care for it, so I'm not posting that.
I've been wanting to make this Gingersnap Peach Pie for a few weeks now. So, tonight, along with starting to rearrange my countertops and kinda watch the Dolphins' game, I did. (Dolphins won!)
It was really quite easy to make. I'm glad I made it tonight, since my peaches would not have made it much longer! We tried it before it was completely cooled; it was really good!
2 lbs peaches
1/3 cup sugar
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 T corn starch
2 T butter
4 oz gingersnaps, about 18 cookies
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut peaches in half and remove pits. Cut each peach half into four slices. Combine peaches, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and cornstarch in a medium bowl; set aside.
3. Melt butter in microwave or stovetop. Crush gingersnaps into crumbs; place in a small bowl. Pour melted butter into crumbs and combine thoroughly.
4. Pat crumb mixture into bottom of a 9-inch ceramic or glass pie plate; make sure crumbs are evenly distributed.
5. Starting at edge of pie plate; arrange peach slices in concentric circles so that they cover entire surface of pie and form a petal-like pattern. To form center of flower, arrange several peach slices in a small circle. Pour any remaining liquid from peach mixture over top of pie so it is evenly distributed.
6. Bake pie in bottom 1/3 of oven for 20 minutes; reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for 40 minutes more.
7. Remove from oven and cool completely in pie plate on a wire rack (about 2 hours). Slice into 8 pieces just before serving.
3 points per slice.