Monday, August 17, 2009

Weight Watchers Gingersnap Peach Pie


Tonight, my son grilled out burgers. They were delicious! We tried a Weight Watchers spicy french fries recipe. But, we didn't really care for it, so I'm not posting that.

I've been wanting to make this Gingersnap Peach Pie for a few weeks now. So, tonight, along with starting to rearrange my countertops and kinda watch the Dolphins' game, I did. (Dolphins won!)

It was really quite easy to make. I'm glad I made it tonight, since my peaches would not have made it much longer! We tried it before it was completely cooled; it was really good!

Ingredients:

2 lbs peaches
1/3 cup sugar
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 T corn starch
2 T butter
4 oz gingersnaps, about 18 cookies

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Cut peaches in half and remove pits. Cut each peach half into four slices. Combine peaches, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and cornstarch in a medium bowl; set aside.
3. Melt butter in microwave or stovetop. Crush gingersnaps into crumbs; place in a small bowl. Pour melted butter into crumbs and combine thoroughly.
4. Pat crumb mixture into bottom of a 9-inch ceramic or glass pie plate; make sure crumbs are evenly distributed.
5. Starting at edge of pie plate; arrange peach slices in concentric circles so that they cover entire surface of pie and form a petal-like pattern. To form center of flower, arrange several peach slices in a small circle. Pour any remaining liquid from peach mixture over top of pie so it is evenly distributed.
6. Bake pie in bottom 1/3 of oven for 20 minutes; reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for 40 minutes more.
7. Remove from oven and cool completely in pie plate on a wire rack (about 2 hours). Slice into 8 pieces just before serving.
3 points per slice.


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

This looks really good! I love how the peaches are arranged!

Libby@CookingWithLibby said...

I agree with Jennifer with how the peaches were arranged. That looks really good :)

Sandy's Kitchen said...

I need to get back on track with weight watchers. This recipe looks yummy. Thanks for sharing!

Karine said...

This pie looks yummy! Thanks for sharing! :)