Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Crescent-Topped Cheeseburger Casserole


I had bought a can of the new Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated flaky dough sheet about a month ago. I decided I wanted to make it so I went onto the Pillsbury website and found this recipe. Not only did it seem easy, but something Jimmy would like.

It was very good. The dough tastes just like a crescent roll. Jimmy did the mixing of the ingredients and finished browning the meat. I don't think you should have to cut the dough into 6 squares, but instead just lay the dough on top of the meat in one sheet.

While I was putting this together, I thought of ways to change the recipe - different cheese, make it Italian or Mexican. I will definitely make this again and experiment!

INGREDIENTS:

1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup ketchup
1 T yellow mustard
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded American cheese (6 oz)
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated flaky dough sheet
1 egg, beaten
1 T sesame seeds

DIRECTIONS:

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in pickles, water, ketchup, mustard and pepper.

2. Spoon beef mixture into 11/7 inch (2 quart) glass baking dish (I used metal). Sprinkle with cheese.

3. Unroll dough; press into 12x8 inch rectangle. Cut into 6 squares; place on top of cheese. Brush with egg; sprinkle with sesame seeds.

4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until deep golden brown.

Yield: 6 servings

No comments: