Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cheddar Potato Strips


I was looking through some old Taste of Home magazines and came across some recipes I wanted to make, this being one of them (October/November 2000). I decided to make Manwiches since I hadn't had them in while. I made them with ground Jennie-O turkey and it was quite tasty. Probably since I had not had them in a while.

The cheddar potato strips were really easy to make and delicious. I could've ate a ton of them! I added more cheese than the recipe called for just because I love cheese.

Ingredients:

3 large potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch strips
1/2 cup milk
1 T butter or margarine
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 T minced fresh parsely (I omitted)

Directions:

In a greased 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish, arrange potatoes in a single layer. Pour milk over potatoes. Dot with butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and bake at 425 degrees for 30 mintues or until the potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese and parsely. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

Yield: 4 servings

No comments: