Saturday, July 19, 2008

Frozen Blueberry Muffins






I must be coming a "Susie Homemaker" since all I want to do is cook something! My son is hoping this will last! This morning before 9:00 a.m. I made homemade muffins and put together a lasagna for tomorrow night. My daughter and her family are coming today for a visit. I am so excited!

Back to the muffins....they are excellent! Another recipe from "A Taste of Home's Quick Cooking" magazine, Collectors Edition. Very easy. I had a hard time keeping Jimmy out of the batter!

Frozen Blueberry Muffins
source: Quick Cooking

4 c. all-purpose flour
4 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 c. butter or margarine, softened
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 c. milk
2 t. vanilla extract
2 c. frozen blueberries, unthawed (fresh may be used)

Topping:
2 T. sugar
1/2 t. ground nutmeg

In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 2/3 fill. Combine sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over muffins.

Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Cook in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.

Yield: 2 dozen


My grandson, Austin, enjoying the muffins!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tag!!! You're it. Look at my blog and you will see.