Friday, while shopping at Kohl's with my daughter and her family, I decided to get a Cuisinart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream and Sorbet Maker. It makes 1 1/2 quart servings. For dessert for tonight's dinner, I decided on the Raspberry Sorbet. YUMMY! And, EASY! I will definitely make this one over and over. I would like to try it with different fruits.
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
pinch table salt
4 cups frozen raspberries, thawed
1. Prepare a simple syrup by combining the sugar and water in medium saucepan set over medium-low heat. Cook mixture until the sugar is fully dissolved.
2. Once ready, add salt and raspberries. Using an immersion blender (I put mine in a regular blender), blend until smooth.
3. Strain the mixture, half at a time through a mesh strainer to remove the seeds.
4. Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours, or over night.
5. Turn on the ice cream maker; pour the mixture into the frozen freezer bowl and let mix until thickened, about 15-20 minutes. The sorbet will have a soft, creamy texture. If firmer consistency is desired, transfer to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
I am a single mom with two kids - a 16 year old son who lives with me and a 27 year old daughter who lives less than mile away. I like to cook and I love to try new dishes. I especially love when either kids spends time in the kitchen with me.