Sunday, November 24, 2013

Homemade Turkey Soup (Betty Crocker)



Wednesday at work, we put together a  Thanksgiving meal with everyone bringing a dish.  I made a 7.5 lb turkey in my roaster.  It came out moist and delicious.  I only used butter, salt and pepper on it like I do at home.

I froze the carcass and brought it home to make soup.  I have never used a carcass (or ham bone) to make soup before.  Well....now I have and will do it again!  I found the recipe on Betty Crocker.com.  It smelled great while making the broth.  I couldn't find pearl barley so I used quick barley.  I added it to the last step.  It was still great tasting.  I added some bouilon cubes and some more salt and pepper.  I will definitely make this again.

The recipe can be found on the Betty Crocker website here.

No comments: