Sunday, November 20, 2011

Foodie Fanatics: Chocolate Banana Cream Miniature Cupcakes




I recently joined a new club called Foodie Fanatics by Michele at Makin' Cakin' Weekends. A new Food Network chef is chosen every three months. All the members take turns choosing a recipe by that chef for everyone to make. The first chef is Paula Deen and I chose her Chocolate Banana Cream Miniature Cupcakes for the first recipes. It's out of Paula's 2011 Christmas magazine.
My daughter, Kelly, of Whats Cooking Kelly, and I made these together last night before settling down to watch Twilight and New Moon. I think I made a good choice! They came out delicious! They are so yummy! We could have just kept popping them in our mouth!

I used my batter dispenser from Avon. It worked out great for the miniature cupcakes! No mess!

Chocolate Banana Cream Miniature Cupcakes

Ingredients:

1 (18.25 oz) box chocolate cake mix
1 (3.4 oz) box instant banana cream flavored pudding mix
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup sour cream
2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
Garnish: dried banana chips (could not find at my grocery the day I went)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 (24-cup) miniature muffin pans with foil liners.

Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.

In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix and confectioners' sugar. Add cream and sour cream; beat at medium speed with a mixer until very thick. Fold in whipped topping. Pipe or spread mixture over cupcakes. Garnish with banana chips, if desired. Store cupcakes, covered, in refrigerator for up to 3 days.

Yield: 4 dozen miniature cupcakes


This is before Austin stuck his whole head in the bowl to lick it!

My batter dispenser from Avon. Love it!


3 comments:

Michele said...

Your cupcakes look beautiful! They were SO good. Could not stop eating the frosting. I love your helper. ;)

Reeni said...

These look heavenly! I love the pudding frosting! I could eat a bowl of just that with a spoon.

Tia said...

oh i love minis and thse look fav