Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!




Last night, Jimmy and I arrived home after being gone for 10 days. We were visiting my daughter, Kelly and her family, in Kansas. We had so much fun and we actually had snow for Christmas. That was great! We even went sledding Christmas. I had so much fun playing with the grandkids - Samantha and Austin. I miss them terribly when we aren't together.

Jimmy helping to shovel out on Christmas morning!

Kelly and I did some baking and cooking.


Samantha and Austin taste testing the Choco Cherry Nut Drops! The recipe is on my previous post.
By the look on their faces, I say they like!

Kelly made fudge. Her first time trying it and it came out delicious!
Samantha helped me make Paula Deen's Mexican Wedding Cakes. I made these last Christmas.







We also did cut out cookies. Not sure if there was more eating or frosting going on!










My son-in-law digging in to our Christmas Eve goodies

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy New Year! Looks like you had a great time together with your family!

kelly said...

I miss you guys already.. its so quiet here (haha ya right) I'm glad you guys had a good time.. cant wait unti lnext time you come out hopefully there will be more snoe ;)..