Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Girl, Paula: Barbecue Meatloaf


This week's My Girl, Paula recipe was to make something with beef. I choice the Barbecue Meatloaf. I have had my eye on it and decided to go for it. It was so yummy! I will definitely make this one again. I split the meatloaf into two small loaves since my son doesn't like onions and I wanted some. But, I did not like the one the onions stayed so crunchy. Next time, I will make the meatloaf without the onions.

I loved the sauce that was made. I put both loaves together in one pan and basted both a few times. Yummy!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1 onion, chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
two 8-oz cans tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
3 T vinegar
3 T brown sugar
2 T prepared mustard
2 T Worcestershire sauce

Directions:

Mix together the beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce. From the mixture into a loaf and place in in a shallow pan.

Stir together the remaining tomato sauce, water, vinegar, sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Pour the sauce over the meatloaf.

Bake at 350 degrees for one hour, basting occasionally with the pan juices.

Serves: 6

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I've been making this meatloaf for years and we love it! I dice my onion super fine (but don't grate it... tried that once and it gave it a strange texture). It isn't pretty, but that sauce is so GOOD!! I actually think I have this one saved to post and forgot about it.

Jennifer said...

This looks delicious!

kelly said...

it looks good..

Anonymous said...

Yours looks yummy! We LOVE this recipe.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of dividing the meatloaf. The two of us don't finish it, usually because I don't do my share. I have to make this as meatballs and I will enjoy it more. Don't ask.

Yours look great. Sauce was fine.