Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Girl, Paula: Fruit Bowl


Monday's My Girl, Paula recipe was the Fruit Bowl on page 42. This was my pick for July. Thanks Michele for chosing to make it.
I actually made this fruit bowl for our get together on the Fourth of July. Unfortunately, half of it ended up spilled in the back of my van! But.......what was left, tasted really yummy. I think I will add one more can of fruit, without juice, since the recipe is pretty runny. But, I really loved the taste of it. I didn't get a picture of it with the bananas since I was at my boyfriend's and forgot my camera!

Ingredients:

3 T orange Tang Breakfast Drink mix
1 (15 oz) can pinepple chunks, drained, juice reserved
1 (3.4 oz) box instant lemon pudding mix
1 (16 oz) can chunky mixed fruit, drained
1 (11 oz) can mandarin oranges, drained
1 (6 oz) jar maraschino cherries
3 large bananas

Directions:

Stir the Tang into the pineapple juice. Add the lemon pudding mix and stir well. Combine the pineapple, mixed fruit, oranges, and cherries, then mix into the pudding mixture. Toss well.

Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, slice and add the bananas.

Yield: 12-18

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks good! Sorry I couldn't make it!