Friday, July 10, 2009

Ambrosia Salad


Tomorrow my son becomes a teenager! My baby - my 5'11" baby! He's having a cookout with friends and family. Today, Jimmy and his brother-in-law, Steve, have been cleaning the patio off (with the help of the grandkids!). Kelly and I have been in the kitchen.
My mom always makes this Ambrosia Salad at every holiday. It's one of Jimmy's favorites. It's simple and can be made up a day in advance.
Ingredients:
1 (16 oz) can chunky pineapple
1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1 cup shredded coconut
12-16 oz whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip)
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 small pkg instant pistacio pudding

Directions:

In a large bowl, mix the 2 cans of pineapple and sprinkle the pudding on top. Let stand for 3 minutes.
Combine nuts and coconut; fold into the mixture.
Slowly blend in the Cool Whip and marshmallows.

Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.

"Helping!"

1 comment:

Heidi said...

This is just like my grandmas makes! So yummy :)