Friday, July 10, 2009

Marshmallow Brownies



I found this luscious recipe on Mommy's Kitchen. I looked sooooo yummy! I decided to make it without the frosting. It just seemed like it would be too sweet. I'm sure it's good with it, but we decided to do without. I added dark chocolate syrup to the top of the marshmallows.

My daughter and her family are here from Kansas for a 2 week visit. We were going to my parents' for dinner along with my sister, her son and his girlfriend. My sister made stuffed shells which were awesome. I, as ususal, was in charge of dessert.

My granddaughter, Samantha, helped me make the brownies. She did all the mixing by herself.
Brownie Recipe:

1 (9 x 13) boxed brownie mix
miniature marshmallows
frosting (recipe below)

Make the brownie mix according to package directions for CAKE LIKE brownies. Bake according to package directions.

When brownies are done, cover them with a layer of marshmallows and put back into the oven for a few minutes until marhmallows are nice and puffy.

Cool brownies and top with frosting recipe.
Frosting Recipe:

1/2 cup butter
4 T unsweetened cocoa powder
3 T milk
3 T water
3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract


Bring butter, cocoa powder, milk and water to a boil. Remove from heat. While still hot, add confectioners sugar and vanilla. Beat well. Pour frosting over brownies while frosting is still hot. Allow to cool before cutting.

Samantha mixing the batter.

Before baking


Sneaking marshmallows!
Austin swiping some!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Oh, your granddaughter is precious!! I love the "sneaking marshmellows" picture and that huge grin!! What a great recipe for a kid to make - it looks really good. All next week we are making "kid" recipes since hubby will be "gone fishing". I'll have to add that one in!! Thanks