Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pumpkin Cake



I made this cake last Wednesday night. Michele from Alwayz Bakin' made this cake for her son's Jake's birthday. She has a picture posted on her blog. It was one of the best food I have ever had made with pumpkin. It was moist and yummy! Michele finally sent me the recipe last week (except she left off the eggs off the ingredients so I had to call her house and her daughter found how many for me!) and I decided to make it. It was very easy. All the ingredients were on hand. I made in 2 round 9" pans and they came out this gorgeous color.

I made Michele's cream cheese icing. I halved the recipe and it was just enough for the 2 layer cake. This was one of the first times that I iced a cake and crumbs didn't come up when spreading!

Pumpkin Cake

4 eggs
1 15-oz can of pumpkin
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups of sugar
2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat eggs, oil, pumpkin and sugar. Stir in remaining ingredients until evenly mixed. Pour into a greased and floured 13x9 baking dish (I used 2 9" rounds).

Bake 30 minutes or until center springs back when touched.


Cream Cheese Icing

2 sticks butter, softened
2 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
5 cups confectioners sugar
2 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients. Spread on cool cake. (This makes a lot of icing. Half the recipe is enough for the pumpkin cake. Half made enough for the layer cakes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! That looks awesome!