Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Baked Taco Chicken

I got this recipe from the April/May 2005 issue of Taste of Home. As I love to do, I was browsing through an old edition and thought that this looked delicious. I made this last week. I halved the recipe, of course, since it was just me and Jimmy that night. I used three large chicken breasts.

The chicken came out moist and great tasting. I served with rice pilaf and a salad. Yummy!

Ingredients:

1 cup all-purpose flour
2 envelopes taco seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 T milk
2 broiler/fryer chicken (3-4 lbs each), cut up

Directions:

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, taco seasoning and salt. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then place in bag and shake to coat.

Place bone side down in a greased 15" x 10" baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until juices run clear.

Yield: 12 servings.

No comments: