Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Barbecued Beef Ribs for Two


I had some country style ribs out for dinner last night and wasn't sure how I wanted to make them. We had a Boy Scout meeting at 7:00 so I knew time would be short. I went to my favorite source of on-line recipes - www.tasteofhome.com/recipes and found the following recipe. The recipe called for beef back ribs, but I used my country style ribs. I didn't have cider vinegar so I substituted white vinegar, but just cut it down by a 1/4. I only boiled ribs until they started to look done on outside which cut down the baking time. It didn't take too long to bake. The sauce was delicious! I served it with sliced potatoes baked with butter and parmesan.

2 lbs beef back ribs
1/2 c. ketchup
2 T finely chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 T cider vinegar
1 T brown sugar
1/2 t. chili powder
1/2 t. Worcestershire sauce
1/8 t. garlic powder
dash hot pepper sauce

Cut ribs into serving size pieces; place in a large kettle and cover with water. Simmer, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.

Drain ribs; place in a greased shallow 2-qt baking dish. Cover with sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

Yield: 2 servings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know that's not your picture!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL Just kidding. Did you really take that? It does look very good. I have to try that recipe.

xxoo

Michelle said...

I admit it's not my picture!!!! I forgot to take, so I just copied of the taste of home website.