Saturday, July 3, 2010

Weekend Brunch Casserole


My daughter is visiting with her family from Kansas. When I was at my cousin's a couple weekends ago, she made this casserole. It can be found on the Bob Evans website. But, don't tell Bob that I prefer Jimmy Dean better...Shhh...

My cousin made it with onions and peppers; I left them out. It was so yummy! We ate the whole thing!

Ingredients:

1 lb Bob Evans Original Recipe Sausage Roll (I used Jimmy Dean Regular)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (8 oz) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
4 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Crumble and cook sausage in medium skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain.

Line bottom of greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish with crescent roll dough, firmly pressing perforations to seal. Sprinkle with sausage and cheese. Combine remaining ingredients in medium bowl until blended; pour over sausage.

Bake 15 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into squares. Refrigerate leftovers.


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yum...that looks so good! I prefer Jimmy Dean sausage, too-not sure why, I just do!

Anonymous said...

Whoa. That looks sinful. Have to try this one.